Biogen Inc. (BIIB): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BIIB POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where BIIB ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98.73% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for BIIB is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- BIIB's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 21.75% of US stocks).
BIIB Stock Summary
- BIIB has a market capitalization of $28,252,059,120 -- more than approximately 92.17% of US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that BIIB's revenue has grown -9.1% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of merely 13.57% of US companies in our set.
- The volatility of BIOGEN INC's share price is greater than that of just 9.3% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to BIOGEN INC are GRMN, KLIC, CIEN, ON, and SIGA.
- BIIB's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit BIOGEN INC's official web site, go to www.biogen.com.
BIIB Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, BIIB's EV/EBIT ratio is 11.11% higher, now standing at 12.
- BIIB's price/sales ratio has moved down 16.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BIIB.
BIIB Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at -8.33%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at -29.62%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -32.49%.
The table below shows BIIB's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BIIB's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BIIB has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 87.69% of graded US stocks.
- BIIB's asset turnover comes in at 0.459 -- ranking 97th of 680 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- ZSAN, ARMP, and HGEN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BIIB.
The table below shows BIIB's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BIIB Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BIIB Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$206.47||52-week high||$322.49|
|Prev. close||$200.67||52-week low||$187.16|
|Day high||$206.91||Avg. volume||1,134,906|
|50-day MA||$210.78||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$214.57||Market Cap||29.96B|
Most Popular Stories View All
BIIB Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BIIB Latest Social Stream
View Full BIIB Social Stream
Latest BIIB News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BIOGEN INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BIIB as an investment opportunity.
The New England Journal of Medicine Publishes Second Manuscript Reporting Positive Phase 2 Results for Biogen’s Litifilimab (BIIB059) in Lupus
Part A results from the two-part Phase 2 LILAC study show litifilimab significantly reduced disease activity based on active joint count in people with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) compared to placeboBiogen is currently enrolling people with active SLE into two Phase 3 studies in 31 countries worldwide and plans to initiate a pivotal study in cutaneous lupus erythematosus (CLE) later this yearPositive CLE results from Part B of LILAC were published separately in The New England Journal of
There's a lot to be optimistic about in the Healthcare sector as 2 analysts just weighed in on Biogen (BIIB – Research Report) and Microbot Medical (MBOT – Research Report) with bullish sentiments. Biogen (BIIB) Needham analyst Ami Fadia maintained a Buy rating on Biogen today and set a price target of $250.00. The company's shares closed last Friday at $196.03, close to its 52-week low of $187.16. According to TipRanks.
Investors’ interest in biotechnology or biotech stocks increased significantly during the early days of the pandemic as the world was looking for drugs and vaccines that could contain the spread of COVID-19. However, investors’ focus has shifted away from biotech stocks this year following rapid vaccination drives and due to persistent macro challenges, including rising interest rates. We’ll discuss the prospects of Biogen (NASDAQ:BIIB), BioNTech (NASDAQ:BNTX), and Illumina (NASDAQ:ILMN) and use the TipRanks Stock Comparison tool to pick the biotech stock that could generate the maximum returns. Stocks of emerging biotech companies are often considered risky due to the considerable time, resources, and uncertainty associated with drug development and approval.
In this article we listed the 25 biggest pharmaceutical companies in the world a year ago and then compared their market caps today. Most of the article was written a year ago and discuss what hedge funds thought about those companies at that time. The biggest loser in the list is probably Moderna (MRNA) which […]
Earnings growth of 12% over 1 year hasn't been enough to translate into positive returns for Biogen (NASDAQ:BIIB) shareholders
Investors can approximate the average market return by buying an index fund. But if you buy individual stocks, you can...
BIIB Price Returns