Synaptics Incorporated (SYNA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SYNA POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where SYNA ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.77% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SYNA is in Value, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- SYNA's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 24.89% of US stocks).
SYNA Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of SYNAPTICS INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 12.92% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, SYNAPTICS INC is reporting a growth rate of 150.75%; that's higher than 89.44% of US stocks.
- The volatility of SYNAPTICS INC's share price is greater than that of 81.05% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to SYNAPTICS INC, a group of peers worth examining would be UBX, STRO, ITOS, APLS, and AKTS.
- Visit SYNA's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.synaptics.com.
SYNA Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, SYNA's EV/EBIT ratio is 6.64% higher, now standing at 22.5.
- SYNA's price/earnings ratio has moved up 5.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SYNA.
SYNA Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 28.55%.
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at 29.55%.
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at 17.74%.
The table below shows SYNA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SYNA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SYNA has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 55.38% of graded US stocks.
- SYNA's asset turnover comes in at 0.693 -- ranking 108th of 208 Electronic Equipment stocks.
- UI, WOLF, and VICR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SYNA.
The table below shows SYNA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SYNA Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of SYNA, see our SYNA price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$187.73||Average Broker Recommendation||1.54 (Moderate Buy)|
SYNA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SYNA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$116.12||52-week high||$299.39|
|Prev. close||$114.83||52-week low||$108.51|
|Day high||$116.68||Avg. volume||506,940|
|50-day MA||$129.60||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$184.56||Market Cap||4.60B|
Synaptics Incorporated (SYNA) Company Bio
Synaptics develops, markets, and sells custom-designed human interface solutions for electronic devices and products primarily in China, South Korea, Taiwan, the United States, Japan, and other countries. The company was founded in 1986 and is based in San Jose, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
SYNA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SYNA Latest Social Stream
View Full SYNA Social Stream
Latest SYNA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SYNAPTICS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SYNA as an investment opportunity.
Synaptics (NASDAQ:SYNA) shareholders are still up 222% over 3 years despite pulling back 8.8% in the past week
Synaptics Incorporated ( NASDAQ:SYNA ) shareholders might be concerned after seeing the share price drop 23% in the...
Time to Bottom Fish? 2 ‘Strong Buy’ Stocks That Are Down Over 50% This Year
Ready to go bottom fishing again? Any good angler can tell you that there’s plenty of good eating just waiting at the bottom of the creek, or the pond, or the lake. The same concept also holds for stocks – investors can always find some quality equities down at the market bottoms. Stocks get down there for a multitude of reasons, and the reasons aren’t always related to any fundamental flaw in the company or its share trading policies. Sometimes, it’s some idiosyncratic business move, or a reaction to a related news item, or even just the bad luck of getting swept up in a general market downturn.
Synaptics Announces Availability of the Katana™ Evaluation Kit on Edge Impulse Studio™ to Accelerate Deployment of Custom ML Models
The combination ensures the models are automatically optimized for the Katana ultra-low-power Edge AI SoC platform for designers of IoT devices for vision, voice, sound, and other sensor-enabled applications The Katana Edge AI Evaluation Kit Simplifies Design of Low-Power IoT Applications The Katana Edge AI Evaluation Kit (EVK) allows rapid implementation of AI applications. Now available in Edge Impulse's Studio development environment, developers can work with their own datasets and be assured
Synaptics to Participate at Upcoming Investor Conferences on Tuesday, August 30, 2022 and Thursday, September 8, 2022
SAN JOSE, Calif., Aug. 26, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Synaptics® Incorporated (Nasdaq: SYNA) today announced its participation in upcoming investor conferences. Dean Butler, CFO, will be attending the Jefferies Semiconductors, IT Hardware & Communications Infrastructure Summit on Tuesday, August 30, 2022.Michael Hurlston, President and CEO, will be attending Citi’s 2022 Global Technology Conference on Thursday, September 8, 2022. About Synaptics Incorporated: Synaptics (Nasdaq: SYNA) is changing t
This Nasdaq Stock Grew 45% Last Quarter, and It Is a Terrific Bargain Right Now
Share prices of Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) are down 55% in 2022 amid the broader stock market weakness, but one look at the chipmaker's terrific string of quarterly results should tell you that buying this technology stock is a no-brainer right now. Synaptics' chips are primarily used in Internet of Things (IoT) applications, in addition to smartphones and personal computers (PCs). The company's reliance on the IoT market is the reason why it has been clocking terrific growth quarter after quarter.
SYNA Price Returns
Continue Researching SYNAWant to see what other sources are saying about SYNAPTICS Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
SYNAPTICS Inc (SYNA) Stock Price | Nasdaq
SYNAPTICS Inc (SYNA) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
SYNAPTICS Inc (SYNA) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...