Marathon Oil Corporation (MRO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MRO POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where MRO ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.64% of US stocks.
- MRO's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- MRO's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 8.4% of US stocks).
MRO Stock Summary
- MARATHON OIL CORP's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.28% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of MARATHON OIL CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 3.69% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Over the past twelve months, MRO has reported earnings growth of -1,058.2%, putting it ahead of merely 1.62% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MRO, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SSL, AA, SM, CLR, and FANG.
- MRO's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit MARATHON OIL CORP's official web site, go to www.marathonoil.com.
MRO Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, MRO's price/sales ratio is 71.43% higher, now standing at 2.4.
- MRO's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MRO.
MRO Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -61.06%.
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 110.08%.
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at 17.73%.
The table below shows MRO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MRO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MRO has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 82.94% of graded US stocks.
- MRO's asset turnover comes in at 0.209 -- ranking 105th of 136 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- CVX, XOM, and BDCO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MRO.
The table below shows MRO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MRO Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of MRO, see our MRO price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$15.96||Average Broker Recommendation||1.62 (Moderate Buy)|
MRO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MRO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$25.20||52-week high||$33.24|
|Prev. close||$24.92||52-week low||$11.02|
|Day high||$25.37||Avg. volume||19,807,705|
|50-day MA||$23.35||Dividend yield||1.28%|
|200-day MA||$22.78||Market Cap||17.83B|
Marathon Oil Corporation (MRO) Company Bio
Marathon Oil Corp is an exploration and production company. It focuses on producing crude oil and condensate, natural gas liquids and natural gas as well as bitumen from oil sands deposits. In 2011, Marathon Oil spun off from Marathon Petroleum Corporation becoming an independent exploration and production company. The company has operations in four of the oil rich basins in the United States – the Eagle Ford Basin, the Bakken Basin, the STACK/SCOOP basin, and the Permian Basin. Marathon Oil employs just under 1,700 individuals and is headquartered in Houston, Texas. Lee Tillman serves as President and Chief Executive Officer.
Most Popular Stories View All
MRO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MRO Latest Social Stream
View Full MRO Social Stream
Latest MRO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MARATHON OIL CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MRO as an investment opportunity.
Top 10 Stock Picks of Zweig-DiMenna Associates
In this article, we will be taking a look at the top 10 stock picks of Zweig-DiMenna Associates. To skip our detailed analysis, you can go directly to see Top 5 Stock Picks of Zweig-DiMenna Associates. Joe DiMenna is the managing director of Zweig-DiMenna Associates, which he co-founded between in 1984 with Martin Zweig. He […]
Marathon Oil (MRO) Up 16.1% Since Last Earnings Report: Can It Continue?
Marathon Oil (MRO) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Top Stocks for September 2022
The Russell 1000 Index is a market-capitalization-weighted index of the 1,000 largest publicly traded companies in the U.S. It represents approximately 92% of the total market capitalization (market cap) of all listed stocks in the U.S. equity market. The U.S. produced 528,000 jobs in the month of July, well above most analyst predictions, signaling a stronger economy in the short term than anticipated by many economists. In late August, Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell warned that the Federal Reserve would take further steps to lower inflation that may have a negative impact on economic growth.
Is First Trust NASDAQ Oil & Gas ETF (FTXN) a Strong ETF Right Now?
Smart Beta ETF report for FTXN
Morgan Stanley Sticks to Its Hold Rating for Marathon Oil (MRO)
In a report released today, Devin McDermott from Morgan Stanley maintained a Hold rating on Marathon Oil (MRO - Research Report), with a price target of $28.00. The company's shares opened today at $26.09.McDermott covers the Utilities sector, focusing on stocks such as Chevron, Diamondback, and Conocophillips. According to TipRanks, McDermott has an average return of 13.1% and a 58.72% success rate on recommended stocks. The word on The Street in general, suggests a Moderate Buy analyst consensus rating for Marathon Oil with a $32.08 average price target.
MRO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MROWant to do more research on Marathon Oil Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Marathon Oil Corp (MRO) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Marathon Oil Corp (MRO) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Marathon Oil Corp (MRO) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...