Texas Instruments Inc. (TXN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TXN POWR Grades
- TXN scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 94.6% of US stocks.
- TXN's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- TXN ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 32nd percentile.
TXN Stock Summary
- TXN has a market capitalization of $149,025,671,232 -- more than approximately 98.89% of US stocks.
- TEXAS INSTRUMENTS INC's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.28% of US equities in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, TXN is more volatile than just 11.14% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to TEXAS INSTRUMENTS INC, a group of peers worth examining would be AMGN, NVS, CSCO, RTX, and BMY.
- TXN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit TEXAS INSTRUMENTS INC's official web site, go to www.ti.com.
TXN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, TXN's price/earnings ratio is 22.29% lower, now standing at 19.7.
- Over the past 243 months, TXN's price/earnings ratio has gone up 234.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TXN.
TXN Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 53%.
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at 43.76%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 83.93%.
The table below shows TXN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TXN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TXN has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 96.51% of graded US stocks.
- TXN's asset turnover comes in at 0.849 -- ranking 65th of 208 Electronic Equipment stocks.
- SWKS, DZSI, and CTS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TXN.
The table below shows TXN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TXN Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of TXN, see our TXN price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$204.49||Average Broker Recommendation||1.76 (Moderate Buy)|
TXN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TXN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$166.03||52-week high||$202.26|
|Prev. close||$165.82||52-week low||$144.46|
|Day high||$166.27||Avg. volume||5,889,502|
|50-day MA||$168.46||Dividend yield||2.77%|
|200-day MA||$174.19||Market Cap||151.70B|
Texas Instruments Inc. (TXN) Company Bio
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is an American technology company headquartered in Dallas, Texas, that designs and manufactures semiconductors and various integrated circuits, which it sells to electronics designers and manufacturers globally. It is one of the top 10 semiconductor companies worldwide based on sales volume. The company's focus is on developing analog chips and embedded processors, which account for more than 80% of its revenue. TI also produces TI digital light processing technology and education technology products including calculators, microcontrollers and multi-core processors. The company holds 45,000 patents worldwide as of 2016. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
TXN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TXN Latest Social Stream
View Full TXN Social Stream
Latest TXN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about TEXAS INSTRUMENTS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TXN as an investment opportunity.
New Buy Rating for Texas Instruments (TXN), the Technology Giant
Rosenblatt Securities analyst Hans Mosesmann maintained a Buy rating on Texas Instruments (TXN - Research Report) today and set a price target of $230.00. The company's shares closed yesterday at $166.16.According to TipRanks, Mosesmann is a top 25 analyst with an average return of 29.4% and a 65.20% success rate. Mosesmann covers the Technology sector, focusing on stocks such as Advanced Micro Devices, Nvidia, and Arteris.Currently, the analyst consensus on Texas Instruments is a Moderate Buy with an average price target of $179.28.See today’s best-performing stocks on TipRanks >>The company has a one-year high of $197.05 and a one-year low of $143.51.
Top 10 Stock Picks of Zweig-DiMenna Associates
In this article, we will be taking a look at the top 10 stock picks of Zweig-DiMenna Associates. To skip our detailed analysis, you can go directly to see Top 5 Stock Picks of Zweig-DiMenna Associates. Joe DiMenna is the managing director of Zweig-DiMenna Associates, which he co-founded between in 1984 with Martin Zweig. He […]
3 Quantum Computing Stocks That Could 10X by 2030
Wall Street believes these quantum computing stocks could generate significant wealth.
Texas Instruments (TXN) Dips More Than Broader Markets: What You Should Know
Texas Instruments (TXN) closed at $165.21 in the latest trading session, marking a -0.92% move from the prior day.
3 Incredibly Cheap Dividend Stocks
Comments from the Fed and geopolitical tensions are just two catalysts that have roiled the markets recently, leaving investors to find a lot of red in their portfolios. Fortifying your holdings with reliable dividend stocks can provide streams of passive income to strengthen your finances during these tumultuous times. Income investors also looking to save a buck, therefore, will want to take a look at three dividend darlings on sale right now: United Parcel Service (NYSE: UPS), Texas Instruments (NASDAQ: TXN), and Phillips 66 (NYSE: PSX).
TXN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching TXNWant to do more research on Texas Instruments Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Texas Instruments Inc (TXN) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Texas Instruments Inc (TXN) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Texas Instruments Inc (TXN) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...