UnitedHealth Group Inc. (UNH): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
UNH POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where UNH ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 91.92% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for UNH is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- UNH ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 43rd percentile.
UNH Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $484,228,921,313, UNITEDHEALTH GROUP INC has a greater market value than 99.87% of US stocks.
- UNITEDHEALTH GROUP INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 88.95% of US listed stocks.
- The volatility of UNITEDHEALTH GROUP INC's share price is greater than that of just 5.34% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to UNITEDHEALTH GROUP INC, a group of peers worth examining would be V, WMT, BRK.B, JNJ, and XOM.
- Visit UNH's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.unitedhealthgroup.com.
UNH Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, UNH's EV/EBIT ratio is 92.59% higher, now standing at 20.8.
- UNH's price/earnings ratio has moved up 2.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for UNH.
UNH Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 109.95%.
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at 102.08%.
- The 4 year revenue growth rate now stands at 36.13%.
The table below shows UNH's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
UNH's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- UNH has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 84.7% of graded US stocks.
- UNH's asset turnover comes in at 1.354 -- ranking 10th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- UVE, GL, and PRU are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with UNH.
The table below shows UNH's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
UNH Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
UNH Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$525.81||52-week high||$553.29|
|Prev. close||$521.68||52-week low||$383.12|
|Day high||$526.32||Avg. volume||3,149,435|
|50-day MA||$528.47||Dividend yield||1.27%|
|200-day MA||$498.48||Market Cap||491.83B|
UnitedHealth Group Inc. (UNH) Company Bio
UnitedHealth Group Incorporated is an American multinational managed healthcare and insurance company based in Minnetonka, Minnesota. It offers health care products and insurance services. In 2020, it was the second-largest healthcare company (behind CVS Health) by revenue with $257.1 billion, and the largest insurance company by net premiums. UnitedHealthcare revenues comprise 80% of the Group's overall revenue. (Source: Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
UNH Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
UNH Latest Social Stream
View Full UNH Social Stream
Latest UNH News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about UNITEDHEALTH GROUP INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate UNH as an investment opportunity.
August was not a pleasant month for Cathie Wood and ARKK as the ETF experienced outflows of $803 million, the most since last September.
Drugstore chain owner CVS Health Corp is in advanced talks to buy home-healthcare company Signify Health Inc for about $8 billion, according to a person familiar with the matter. CVS is close to clinching the deal which could be announced as early as next week, after beating out other potential buyers including Amazon.com Inc and UnitedHealth Group Inc , who had also been circling Signify for a deal, the source said. The Wall Street Journal reported the talks between CVS and Signify earlier on Friday.
Shares of Signify Health (NYSE: SGFY) soared this month after the company's decision to entertain buyout offers attracted several interested bidders, including CVS Health (NYSE: CVS) and Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN). The stock leaped with every report of buyout interest, and finished the month up 63%, according to data from S&P Global Market Intelligence. Signify, a health tech company focused on home care, first started rising on high volume on Aug. 2 after The Wall Street Journal reported that the company was considering strategic alternatives, including a sale, just 18 months after its initial public offering.
UnitedHealth Group (UNH) closed the most recent trading day at $519.33, moving -0.67% from the previous trading session.
Recently, Zacks.com users have been paying close attention to UnitedHealth (UNH). This makes it worthwhile to examine what the stock has in store.
UNH Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|