Westlake Chemical Corporation (WLK): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WLK POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where WLK ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 91.01% of US stocks.
- WLK's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- WLK's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 38.18% of US stocks).
WLK Stock Summary
- WLK's current price/earnings ratio is 4.27, which is higher than merely 8.56% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Over the past twelve months, WLK has reported earnings growth of 198.56%, putting it ahead of 91.59% of US stocks in our set.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for WESTLAKE CORP comes in at 66.33%, a number that bests 85.81% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to WESTLAKE CORP are DAR, TGNA, SSP, FOXA, and TRU.
- Visit WLK's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.westlake.com.
WLK Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, WLK's price/sales ratio is 52.94% lower, now standing at 0.8.
- Over the past 220 months, WLK's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WLK.
WLK Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 55.43%.
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 492.27%.
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at 254.28%.
The table below shows WLK's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WLK's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WLK has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 74.3% of graded US stocks.
- WLK's asset turnover comes in at 0.686 -- ranking 41st of 89 Chemicals stocks.
- CE, ASIX, and EMN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WLK.
The table below shows WLK's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
WLK Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of WLK, see our WLK price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$105.50||Average Broker Recommendation||1.64 (Moderate Buy)|
WLK Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WLK Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$97.55||52-week high||$141.19|
|Prev. close||$97.49||52-week low||$80.47|
|Day high||$97.81||Avg. volume||751,429|
|50-day MA||$98.03||Dividend yield||1.47%|
|200-day MA||$108.59||Market Cap||12.52B|
Westlake Chemical Corporation (WLK) Company Bio
Westlake Chemical is a manufacturer and supplier of petrochemicals, polymers and building products used in a range of products including: ethylene, polyethylene, styrene, propylene, caustic, VCM, PVC suspension and specialty resins and PVC building products including pipe and specialty components, windows, fence, deck and film. The company was founded in 1985 and is based in Houston, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
WLK Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WLK Latest Social Stream
View Full WLK Social Stream
Latest WLK News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about WESTLAKE CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WLK as an investment opportunity.
Why Is Westlake (WLK) Up 4.4% Since Last Earnings Report?
Westlake (WLK) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
JPMorgan says the S&P 500 could return 15% by year’s end — Here are 2 stocks the banking giant likes
Let’s talk about inflation. The big news on that front was the slow-down in the rate at which prices were accelerating, from 9.1% annualized in June to 8.5% in July. While still running hot, it was definitely a move in the right direction, and some market watchers have been openly speculating that it portend further reductions in the rate of price increases going forward. That’s an important point, as high inflation has prompted the Federal Reserve to increase interest rates at the highest pace in decades. While this is a central bank’s key move against inflation, it also increases the risk of recession.
Union Carbide Chemicals & Plastics Co. Inc. -- Moody's announces completion of a periodic review for a group of Chemical issuers
Announcement of Periodic Review: Moody's announces completion of a periodic review for a group of Chemical issuersGlobal Credit Research - 23 Aug 2022New York, August 23, 2022 -- Moody's Investors Service ("Moody's") has completed a periodic review of the ratings -and other ratings that are associated with the same analytical units for the rated entity(entities) listed below.The review was conducted through a portfolio review discussion held on 16 August 2022 in which Moody's reassessed the appropriateness of the ratings in the context of the relevant principal methodology(ies), recent developments, and a comparison of the financial and operating profile to similarly rated peers. A possible outcome from periodic reviews is a referral of a rating to a rating committee.This publication d...
Westlake's (NYSE:WLK) Shareholders Will Receive A Bigger Dividend Than Last Year
The board of Westlake Corporation ( NYSE:WLK ) has announced that it will be increasing its dividend by 20% on the 6th...
Westlake Announces $500 Million Expansion of Existing Share Repurchase Program and 20% Increase in Quarterly Dividend
HOUSTON, August 12, 2022--The Board of Directors of Westlake Corporation (NYSE: WLK) today authorized the company to repurchase an additional $500 million of shares of its common stock under its existing share repurchase program. As of August 12, 2022, approximately 9.8 million shares of common stock had been acquired at an aggregate purchase price of approximately $600 million since the inception of its initial share repurchase program in 2011. After the expansion of the size of the current pro
WLK Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching WLKWant to see what other sources are saying about Westlake Chemical Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...