Scholastic Corporation (SCHL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SCHL POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where SCHL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.92% of US stocks.
- SCHL's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- SCHL's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 33.44% of US stocks).
SCHL Stock Summary
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -65.64%, SCHOLASTIC CORP's debt growth rate surpasses merely 4.14% of about US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, SCHL has reported earnings growth of -864.46%, putting it ahead of merely 2.02% of US stocks in our set.
- SCHOLASTIC CORP's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 14.42%, greater than the shareholder yield of 87.46% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to SCHOLASTIC CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be WHLM, APT, EYE, OLLI, and SSY.
- SCHL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit SCHOLASTIC CORP's official web site, go to www.scholastic.com.
SCHL Valuation Summary
- SCHL's price/earnings ratio is 19.8; this is 62.3% higher than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 243 months, SCHL's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 2.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SCHL.
SCHL Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 215.19%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -8.64%.
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at 77.14%.
The table below shows SCHL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SCHL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SCHL has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 70.28% of graded US stocks.
- SCHL's asset turnover comes in at 0.666 -- ranking 6th of 14 Printing and Publishing stocks.
- ACCO, NYT, and GCI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SCHL.
The table below shows SCHL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SCHL Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of SCHL, see our SCHL price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$26.00||Average Broker Recommendation||2 (Hold)|
SCHL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SCHL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$45.49||52-week high||$48.28|
|Prev. close||$46.03||52-week low||$32.52|
|Day high||$45.85||Avg. volume||139,120|
|50-day MA||$42.53||Dividend yield||1.74%|
|200-day MA||$39.94||Market Cap||1.57B|
Scholastic Corporation (SCHL) Company Bio
Scholastic Corporation is a provider of print and digital instructional materials for pre-K to grade 12, and a producer of educational and entertaining children's media, including books and ebooks, print and technology-based learning materials and programs, classroom magazines and other products that, in combination, offer schools customized and comprehensive solutions to support children's learning both at school and at home. The company was founded in 1920 and is based in New York, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
SCHL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SCHL Latest Social Stream
View Full SCHL Social Stream
Latest SCHL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SCHOLASTIC CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SCHL as an investment opportunity.
Scholastic Names Jeffrey Mathews Executive Vice President, Corporate Development and Investor Relations
Scholastic (NASDAQ: SCHL), the global children's publishing, education and media company, today announced Jeffrey Mathews has been named Executive Vice President, Corporate Development and Investor Relations. In the new role for the Company, Mr. Mathews will be a member of the executive committee, focused on identifying and evaluating investment and partnership opportunities to accelerate Scholastic's growth across its leading businesses. He will also be the Company's key point of contact with t
Scholastic (NASDAQ:SCHL) shareholders have earned a 44% return over the last year
The simplest way to invest in stocks is to buy exchange traded funds. But investors can boost returns by picking...
Scholastic Acquires Learning Ovations, Creator of A2i Literacy Assessment and Instructional System
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL), the global children's publishing, education and media company, announced today that it has acquired Learning Ovations, the creator of A2i ("Assessment to Instruction"), a literacy screening, progress monitoring assessment and instructional planning system for classrooms and community organizations. The addition of A2i and the Learning Ovations team will significantly advance the development of Scholastic Education Solutions' literacy platform, which integra
10 Biggest Publishing Companies in the World
In this article, we will surf through the 10 biggest publishing companies in the world. If you want to see more publishing companies in this selection, click 5 Biggest Publishing Companies in the World. The publishing industry is moving at a fast pace in the post-pandemic era. According to Grand View Research, the market size […]
DOG MAN: TWENTY THOUSAND FLEAS UNDER THE SEA BY #1 BESTSELLING AUTHOR AND CALDECOTT HONOREE DAV PILKEY TO BE PUBLISHED WORLDWIDE ON MARCH 28, 2023
Readers and retailers rejoice! Scholastic, the world's largest publisher and distributor of children's books, announced today that 2023 will be a big and exciting year for kids and families everywhere with the publication of a new Dog Man graphic novel. DOG MAN: TWENTY THOUSAND FLEAS UNDER THE SEA, the newest book in the #1 global bestselling and critically-acclaimed series will release on March 28, 2023, simultaneously in the U.S., Canada, U.K., Australia, New Zealand, and throughout Asia. This
SCHL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SCHLWant to do more research on Scholastic Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Scholastic Corp (SCHL) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Scholastic Corp (SCHL) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Scholastic Corp (SCHL) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...