NextEra Energy Inc. (NEE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NEE POWR Grades
- NEE scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 94.88% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NEE is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- NEE's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 3.42% of US stocks).
NEE Stock Summary
- NEXTERA ENERGY INC's market capitalization of $171,662,757,219 is ahead of 99.02% of US-listed equities.
- NEXTERA ENERGY INC's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.28% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of NEXTERA ENERGY INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.49% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to NEXTERA ENERGY INC are COP, TTE, BHP, EQNR, and AMT.
- NEE's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit NEXTERA ENERGY INC's official web site, go to www.nexteraenergy.com.
NEE Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, NEE's price/sales ratio is 223.33% higher, now standing at 9.7.
- Over the past 243 months, NEE's price/sales ratio has gone up 8.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NEE.
NEE Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 11.41%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at -4.16%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 51.95%.
The table below shows NEE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NEE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NEE has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 60.46% of graded US stocks.
- NEE's asset turnover comes in at 0.123 -- ranking 93rd of 105 Utilities stocks.
- ORA, PPL, and PEG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NEE.
The table below shows NEE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NEE Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of NEE, see our NEE price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$91.24||Average Broker Recommendation||1.5 (Moderate Buy)|
NEE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NEE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$90.46||52-week high||$93.73|
|Prev. close||$90.24||52-week low||$67.22|
|Day high||$91.06||Avg. volume||9,563,885|
|50-day MA||$84.57||Dividend yield||1.88%|
|200-day MA||$81.41||Market Cap||177.73B|
NextEra Energy Inc. (NEE) Company Bio
NextEra Energy, Inc. is an American energy company with about 46 gigawatts of generating capacity, revenues of over $17 billion in 2017, and about 14,000 employees throughout the US and Canada. It is the largest electric utility holding company by market capitalization. Its subsidiaries include Florida Power & Light (FPL), NextEra Energy Resources, NextEra Energy Partners, Gulf Power Company, and NextEra Energy Services. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
NEE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NEE Latest Social Stream
View Full NEE Social Stream
Latest NEE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NEXTERA ENERGY INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NEE as an investment opportunity.
If I Could Only Buy 1 Dividend Stock in September, This Would Be It
Dividend stocks are one of my leading sources. NextEra Energy's dividend might not appeal to investors seeking a high dividend yield. As a utility, NextEra Energy generates very stable earnings backed by government-regulated rate structures and long-term contracts.
5 Defensive Picks to Stay Safe in Volatile September
We have narrowed our search to five utility stocks with growth potential for the rest of 2022. These are: NEE, SO, ATO, ETR and LNT.
3 Stocks to Buy in September as the Market Falls and Rates Rise
Diving into three dividend-paying stocks that could be poised to help investors profit in September and beyond.
Clearway Energy (CWEN) Down 1.8% Since Last Earnings Report: Can It Rebound?
Clearway Energy (CWEN) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
3 Great Stocks That Could Create Lasting Generational Wealth
These three high-potential stocks could help you -- and the next generation -- attain financial freedom.
NEE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching NEEWant to see what other sources are saying about Nextera Energy Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Nextera Energy Inc (NEE) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Nextera Energy Inc (NEE) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Nextera Energy Inc (NEE) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...