CVS Health Corporation (CVS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CVS POWR Grades
- CVS scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 95.49% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CVS is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- CVS ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 34th percentile.
CVS Stock Summary
- CVS has a higher market value than 98.67% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $129,615,588,115.
- CVS's went public 36.71 years ago, making it older than 93.28% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, CVS is more volatile than just 4.87% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CVS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are HON, HDB, CMCSA, SONY, and HSBC.
- Visit CVS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.cvshealth.com.
CVS Valuation Summary
- CVS's price/earnings ratio is 16.1; this is 25.12% lower than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- Over the past 243 months, CVS's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 4.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CVS.
CVS Growth Metrics
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 50.8%.
- The 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 41.35%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 23.32%.
The table below shows CVS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CVS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CVS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 50.06% of graded US stocks.
- CVS's asset turnover comes in at 1.231 -- ranking 111th of 165 Retail stocks.
- QRTEA, WMT, and TA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CVS.
The table below shows CVS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CVS Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of CVS, see our CVS price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$96.11||Average Broker Recommendation||1.5 (Moderate Buy)|
CVS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CVS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$101.70||52-week high||$111.25|
|Prev. close||$100.68||52-week low||$81.78|
|Day high||$101.71||Avg. volume||5,657,658|
|50-day MA||$98.45||Dividend yield||2.19%|
|200-day MA||$100.08||Market Cap||133.51B|
CVS Health Corporation (CVS) Company Bio
CVS Health Corporation provides integrated pharmacy health care services in the United States. The company operates through Pharmacy Services and Retail Pharmacy segments. The company was founded in 1892 and is based in Woonsocket, Rhode Island.
Most Popular Stories View All
CVS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CVS Latest Social Stream
View Full CVS Social Stream
Latest CVS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CVS HEALTH CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CVS as an investment opportunity.
CVS Health (NYSE:CVS) Races Ahead to Buy Signify Health
American healthcare company, CVS Health Corporation (CVS), is progressing well ahead in the race to buy healthcare technology company, Signify Health (SGFY), for $8 billion, a WSJ report stated. CVS Health operates a retail pharmacy chain and provides health insurance services. Meanwhile, Signify Health leverages advanced analytics, technology, and nationwide healthcare provider networks to create and power value-based payment programs. There is no guarantee a deal will be reached between CVS and Signify. However, it would be a win-win situation for both, as CVS aims to establish a stronghold in primary care. Tough Competition in the Healthcare Space Signify has been looking for strategic options for quite some time.
Here’s Why CVS Health Stock (NYSE:CVS) Has Outperformed the Market
CVS Health Corporation (NYSE:CVS) has managed to outperform the market over the past few months, as investors rightly see the stock as a reliable investment with solid dividend prospects. Due to its unique qualities in a highly speculative market landscape, there could be additional room for CVS stock to move higher. However, as there appears to be limited upside from a valuation standpoint, I remain neutral on the stock. In the current highly unstable market environment, individual equities with more uncertainty attached to them have a higher chance of being dumped by investors. Alternatively, the more secure an investment appears these days, the better it will be treated by investors.
CVS Is in Advanced Talks to Buy Signify Health for Around $8 Billion
The drugstore-chain owner appears to have prevailed over interested parties including Amazon and UnitedHealth Group for a deal that could be valued at around $8 billion.
5 Top Stocks Cathie Wood Sold This Week
August was not a pleasant month for Cathie Wood and ARKK as the ETF experienced outflows of $803 million, the most since last September.
UPDATE 2-CVS in advanced talks to buy Signify Health for about $8 bln -source
Drugstore chain owner CVS Health Corp is in advanced talks to buy home-healthcare company Signify Health Inc for about $8 billion, according to a person familiar with the matter. CVS is close to clinching the deal which could be announced as early as next week, after beating out other potential buyers including Amazon.com Inc and UnitedHealth Group Inc , who had also been circling Signify for a deal, the source said. The Wall Street Journal reported the talks between CVS and Signify earlier on Friday.
CVS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CVSWant to see what other sources are saying about CVS HEALTH Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
CVS HEALTH Corp (CVS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
CVS HEALTH Corp (CVS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
CVS HEALTH Corp (CVS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...