Merck & Co. Inc. (MRK): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MRK POWR Grades
- MRK scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 90.26% of US stocks.
- MRK's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- MRK's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 17.51% of US stocks).
MRK Stock Summary
- MRK has a market capitalization of $218,926,044,205 -- more than approximately 99.4% of US stocks.
- MERCK & CO INC's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.28% of US equities in our set.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, MERCK & CO INC is reporting a growth rate of 166.21%; that's higher than 90.24% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to MERCK & CO INC, a group of peers worth examining would be PFE, NVS, CSCO, AZN, and NVO.
- MRK's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit MERCK & CO INC's official web site, go to www.merck.com.
MRK Valuation Summary
- MRK's EV/EBIT ratio is 13.2; this is 22.22% higher than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- Over the past 243 months, MRK's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MRK.
MRK Growth Metrics
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 13.27%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 53.82%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 22.56%.
The table below shows MRK's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MRK's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MRK has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 77.57% of graded US stocks.
- MRK's asset turnover comes in at 0.535 -- ranking 75th of 682 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- XTNT, ACOR, and BDSI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MRK.
The table below shows MRK's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MRK Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MRK Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$87.14||52-week high||$95.72|
|Prev. close||$86.87||52-week low||$70.89|
|Day high||$87.16||Avg. volume||11,188,310|
|50-day MA||$90.20||Dividend yield||3.18%|
|200-day MA||$84.17||Market Cap||220.75B|
Merck & Co. Inc. (MRK) Company Bio
Merck & Co., Inc., d.b.a. Merck Sharp & Dohme (MSD) outside the United States and Canada, is an American multinational pharmaceutical company headquartered in Kenilworth, New Jersey. It is named after the Merck family, which set up Merck Group in Germany in 1668. Merck & Co. was established as an American affiliate in 1891.(Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
MRK Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MRK Latest Social Stream
View Full MRK Social Stream
Latest MRK News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MERCK & CO INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MRK as an investment opportunity.
Emergent BioSolutions (EBS) initiates an early-stage study evaluating its Lassa virus vaccine candidate, EBS-LASV, for the prevention of Lassa fever.
In this article, we discuss the 10 best cheap stocks to buy right now. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of these stocks, go directly to the 5 Best Cheap Stocks to Buy Right Now. With rising interest rates and fears of recession, the stock market has been volatile in 2022. Additionally, the […]
The retailer’s board eliminated its mandatory retirement age of 65 for the CEO, who turns 64 next year.
Following months of speculation over pharmaceutical giant Merck's (NYSE: MRK) potential takeover of cancer-focused biotech Seagen (NASDAQ: SGEN), reports are now surfacing that the two companies couldn't reach an agreement over pricing. Merck has one of the premier oncology franchises in the industry and sells $17 billion of industry-leading cancer drug Keytruda. The drug is approved for at least 14 different types of cancer, and its sales just keep growing.
RAHWAY, N.J., September 06, 2022--Merck (NYSE: MRK), known as MSD outside the United States and Canada, announced today that Robert M. Davis, chief executive officer and president, and Dr. Dean Li, president, Merck Research Laboratories, are scheduled to participate in a virtual fireside chat at the Morgan Stanley 20th Annual Global Healthcare Conference on Monday, Sept. 12, 2022, at 2:15 p.m. EDT.
MRK Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|