Genie Energy Ltd. Class B Stock (GNE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GNE POWR Grades
- GNE scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 97.62% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GNE is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 91 days.
- GNE's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 47.55% of US stocks).
GNE Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of GENIE ENERGY LTD's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 96.91% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for GENIE ENERGY LTD is higher than it is for about just 0.49% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, GENIE ENERGY LTD is reporting a growth rate of 458.62%; that's higher than 96.31% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to GENIE ENERGY LTD, a group of peers worth examining would be CPSH, CTHR, LAKE, SHOO, and HURC.
- GNE's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit GENIE ENERGY LTD's official web site, go to www.genie.com.
GNE Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, GNE's price/sales ratio is 73.33% lower, now standing at 0.8.
- GNE's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.1 over the prior 130 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GNE.
GNE Growth Metrics
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 108.94%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 203.48%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 163.77%.
The table below shows GNE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GNE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GNE has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 46.94% of graded US stocks.
- GNE's asset turnover comes in at 2.426 -- ranking 1st of 105 Utilities stocks.
- POR, HE, and AWR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GNE.
The table below shows GNE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GNE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GNE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$9.44||52-week high||$11.38|
|Prev. close||$9.55||52-week low||$4.74|
|Day high||$9.56||Avg. volume||63,666|
|50-day MA||$9.71||Dividend yield||3.14%|
|200-day MA||$7.19||Market Cap||247.29M|
Genie Energy Ltd. Class B Stock (GNE) Company Bio
Genie Energy Ltd. operates as a retail energy provider and an oil and gas exploration company. The company was founded in 2001 and is based in Newark, New Jersey.
Most Popular Stories View All
GNE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GNE Latest Social Stream
View Full GNE Social Stream
Latest GNE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GENIE ENERGY LTD that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GNE as an investment opportunity.
Regular readers will know that we love our dividends at Simply Wall St, which is why it's exciting to see Genie Energy...
Genie Energy, Ltd. (NYSE: GNE, GNEPRA), a leading retail energy and renewable energy solutions provider, today announced results for its second quarter ended June 30, 2022.
A look at the shareholders of Genie Energy Ltd. ( NYSE:GNE ) can tell us which group is most powerful. Insiders often...
Genie Energy Ltd., (NYSE: GNE, GNEPRA), a global provider of energy services, will announce financial and operational results for the second quarter of 2022 on Monday, August 8, 2022.
Genie Energy Ltd., (NYSE: GNE, GNEPRA), a global provider of energy services, today announced that Avi Goldin, chief financial officer, will present at the virtual East Coast IDEAS Investor Conference to be held June 22 and 23.
GNE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|