NL Industries, Inc. (NL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NL POWR Grades
- NL scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 86.73% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NL is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 68 days.
- NL ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 61st percentile.
NL Stock Summary
- NL INDUSTRIES INC's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.28% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of NL INDUSTRIES INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 96.11% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for NL INDUSTRIES INC is higher than it is for about just 6.47% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to NL, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CGA, CIX, OCG, ETD, and WAFU.
- Visit NL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.nl-ind.com.
NL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, NL's price/sales ratio is 125% higher, now standing at 2.7.
- NL's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.8 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NL.
NL Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 7.25%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 241%.
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at 17.2%.
The table below shows NL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NL Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of NL, see our NL price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$7.00||Average Broker Recommendation||2.5 (Moderate Sell)|
NL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$8.39||52-week high||$10.71|
|Prev. close||$8.49||52-week low||$5.51|
|Day high||$8.41||Avg. volume||32,792|
|50-day MA||$9.15||Dividend yield||3.3%|
|200-day MA||$7.71||Market Cap||409.57M|
NL Industries, Inc. (NL) Company Bio
NL Industries, Inc. operates in the component products industry in the United States and internationally. The companys Security Products business manufactures and sells mechanical and electronic cabinet locks, and other locking mechanisms, including disc tumbler locks, pin tumbler locking mechanisms, and CompX eLock and Stealthlock electronic locks for use in various applications, such as ignition systems, mailboxes, file cabinets, desk drawers, tool storage cabinets, vending and gaming machines, high security medical cabinetry, electronic circuit panels, storage compartments, and gas station security. The company was founded in 1891 and is based in Dallas, Texas. NL Industries, Inc. is a subsidiary of Valhi, Inc.
Most Popular Stories View All
NL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NL Latest Social Stream
View Full NL Social Stream
Latest NL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NL INDUSTRIES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NL as an investment opportunity.
Fossil Group Sounds the Alarm While NL Industries Rewards Its Shareholders
The former signaled lower revenues for the year while the latter declared a healthy special dividend.
NL INDUSTRIES ANNOUNCES A SPECIAL DIVIDEND OF 35 CENTS PER SHARE PAYABLE IN AUGUST 2022
Dallas, Texas, Aug. 10, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- NL Industries, Inc. (NYSE: NL) today announced that its board of directors has declared a special cash dividend of thirty-five cents ($0.35) per share on its common stock, payable on August 31, 2022 to shareholders of record at the close of business on August 22, 2022. This special dividend, which is being funded from excess cash flows, is in addition to NL’s previously announced quarterly cash dividend of $0.07 per share that is payable on Septem
NL REPORTS SECOND QUARTER 2022 RESULTS
Dallas, Texas, Aug. 03, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- NL Industries, Inc. (NYSE: NL) today reported net income attributable to NL stockholders of $30.2 million, or $.62 per share, in the second quarter of 2022 compared to net income attributable to NL stockholders of $12.7 million, or $.26 per share, in the second quarter of 2021. NL results include an unrealized gain of $19.2 million in the second quarter of 2022 related to the change in value of marketable equity securities compared to a $4.5 milli
NL INDUSTRIES ANNOUNCES QUARTERLY DIVIDEND FOR THE THIRD QUARTER OF 2022 AT $.07 PER SHARE
Dallas, Texas, Aug. 03, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- NL Industries, Inc. (NYSE: NL) today announced that its board of directors has declared a quarterly dividend of seven cents ($0.07) per share on its common stock, payable on September 20, 2022 to shareholders of record at the close of business on September 1, 2022. NL Industries, Inc. is engaged in the component products (security products and recreational marine components) and chemicals (TiO2) businesses. * * * * * CONTACT: SOURCE: NL Industries
NL Industries (NYSE:NL) Shareholders Will Want The ROCE Trajectory To Continue
If we want to find a potential multi-bagger, often there are underlying trends that can provide clues. Firstly, we'd...
NL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching NLHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Nl Industries Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Nl Industries Inc (NL) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Nl Industries Inc (NL) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Nl Industries Inc (NL) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...