Walt Disney Co. (DIS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
DIS POWR Grades
- DIS scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 95.9% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for DIS is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- DIS ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 15th percentile.
DIS Stock Summary
- WALT DISNEY CO's market capitalization of $200,700,430,670 is ahead of 99.33% of US-listed equities.
- DIS's went public 36.71 years ago, making it older than 93.28% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 63.88, WALT DISNEY CO P/E ratio is greater than that of about 92.61% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to DIS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are TMUS, VZ, UPS, TMO, and MCD.
- Visit DIS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.thewaltdisneycompany.com.
DIS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, DIS's price/sales ratio is 36.84% higher, now standing at 2.6.
- Over the past 243 months, DIS's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for DIS.
DIS Growth Metrics
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 211.04%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -50.73%.
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 28.22%.
The table below shows DIS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
DIS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- DIS has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 17.12% of graded US stocks.
- DIS's asset turnover comes in at 0.316 -- ranking 26th of 44 Entertainment stocks.
- RDI, GAIA, and CSSE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with DIS.
The table below shows DIS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
DIS Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of DIS, see our DIS price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$210.23||Average Broker Recommendation||1.45 (Moderate Buy)|
DIS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DIS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$112.30||52-week high||$187.58|
|Prev. close||$112.69||52-week low||$90.23|
|Day high||$112.99||Avg. volume||12,289,369|
|50-day MA||$107.13||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$126.14||Market Cap||204.73B|
Walt Disney Co. (DIS) Company Bio
The Walt Disney Company was founded by Walt and Roy Disney in Los Angeles in 1923. The company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise that includes Disney Parks, Experiences and Products; Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution; and three content groups—Studios, General Entertainment and Sports—focused on developing and producing content for DTC, theatrical and linear platforms. Disney Parks, Experiences and Products includes the company’s theme parks and resorts, cruises, and consumer products. Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution comprises the company’s international business units consisting of streaming services, media distribution, and advertising. Disney’s Studios, General Entertainment and Sports operations include the company’s media studios that produce a wide range of media content. The company is headquartered in Burbank, California, and Robert A. Iger currently serves as Chief Executive Officer.
Most Popular Stories View All
DIS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DIS Latest Social Stream
View Full DIS Social Stream
Latest DIS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about WALT DISNEY CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DIS as an investment opportunity.
Which Pandemic Loser is Best-Positioned for a Rebound?
In this piece, we used TipRanks' Comparison Tool to check in on three COVID-era losers — DIS, BA, and DAL — that seem unlikely to be held down for too long, even if a 2023 recession hits. Despite dire circumstances, each name has a "Strong Buy" from Wall Street analysts, with a solid magnitude of year-ahead upside. The COVID-19 pandemic seems to be winding down, even as the less-deadly Omicron variant looks to surge in the fall season. With boosters and other effective protocols, the pandemic may not be able to hold back some of the biggest losers from the coronavirus market crash of 2020.
Netflix, HBO, Comcast Make a Huge Streaming Mistake
The system worked specifically because everything was bundled with only premium experiences being offered a la carte (and even then, you needed a base package before you could purchase any premium channels). That's a good selection of live-streaming channels with Hulu Live, which is a streaming version of traditional cable and four additional top-tier streaming services for $106.46 per month.
3 Best Stocks to Buy in September
The stock market sell-off has created excellent buying opportunities for long-term investors. Here are three!
Disney Is At a 5-Year Low -- Time to Buy?
Walt Disney (NYSE: DIS) hasn't exactly been a strong performer, with shares down by about 40% over the past year. To be sure, there are some valid reasons why Disney's stock is down right now. Recession fears are an obvious one, as Disney relies on discretionary spending throughout its business.
7 Best Nancy Pelosi Stocks to Buy Now
When looking for inspiration in the market, you might do well by following the implications of the best Nancy Pelosi stocks.
DIS Price Returns
Continue Researching DISHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Walt Disney Co's stock as an investment opportunity:
Walt Disney Co (DIS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Walt Disney Co (DIS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Walt Disney Co (DIS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...