Ennis, Inc. (EBF): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
EBF POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where EBF ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.62% of US stocks.
- EBF's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- EBF ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 22nd percentile.
EBF Stock Summary
- EBF's went public 34.98 years ago, making it older than 91.97% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of ENNIS INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.41% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 1.22 for ENNIS INC; that's greater than it is for just 14.39% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to EBF, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are TAYD, GAIA, KRT, CVCO, and SAFT.
- EBF's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit ENNIS INC's official web site, go to www.ennis.com.
EBF Valuation Summary
- EBF's price/sales ratio is 1.3; this is 35% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- EBF's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for EBF.
EBF Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 13.85%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -11.43%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 605.84%.
The table below shows EBF's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
EBF's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- EBF has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 95.87% of graded US stocks.
- EBF's asset turnover comes in at 1.035 -- ranking 6th of 21 Business Supplies stocks.
- KMB, UFS, and SCS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with EBF.
The table below shows EBF's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
EBF Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
EBF Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$20.70||52-week high||$22.67|
|Prev. close||$20.85||52-week low||$16.55|
|Day high||$20.90||Avg. volume||105,498|
|50-day MA||$21.22||Dividend yield||4.8%|
|200-day MA||$19.23||Market Cap||534.39M|
Ennis, Inc. (EBF) Company Bio
Ennis, Inc. produces and sells business forms and other business products; and activewear in the United States. The company operates in two segments, Print and Apparel. The company was founded in 1909 and is based in Midlothian, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
EBF Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
EBF Latest Social Stream
View Full EBF Social Stream
Latest EBF News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ENNIS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate EBF as an investment opportunity.
With 66% ownership of the shares, Ennis, Inc. (NYSE:EBF) is heavily dominated by institutional owners
Every investor in Ennis, Inc. ( NYSE:EBF ) should be aware of the most powerful shareholder groups. With 66% stake...
Ennis, Inc. (NYSE: EBF) has acquired certain assets, including customer lists and intellectual property of Gulf Business Forms, in San Marcos, Texas. Financial terms were not disclosed. Gulf Business Forms is a trade printer specializing in custom-printed documents. After completion, Gulf Business Forms customer files and phones, and emails will be relocated to the Ennis, Texas plant. Keith Walters, Chairman, President & CEO, stated, “Gulf has been a strong competitor and leading brand throughou
MIDLOTHIAN, Texas, August 17, 2022--Ennis Inc. (the "Company"), (NYSE: EBF), today announced its acquisition of certain assets including customer lists and intellectual property of Gulf Business Forms, in San Marcos, TX. Gulf Business Forms is a trade printer specializing in custom-printed documents including business forms, laser cut sheets, brochures, pamphlets, in-line glue booklet, and variable short-run solutions.
When you buy and hold a stock for the long term, you definitely want it to provide a positive return. But more than...
These are the six most undervalued mid-cap stocks to buy now. These stocks have market capitalizations between $500 million and $10 billion and have low valuation multiples. They also have good earnings prospects going forward, recession or not. If they don’t, they are generating large amounts of free cash flow. These stocks are also very inexpensive right now. As a result, the average P/E multiple of this group is 12.5x and they have an average dividend yield of over 2%. This can be seen in the
EBF Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|