Newmont Corp. (NEM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NEM POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where NEM ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 85.29% of US stocks.
- NEM's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- NEM's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 12.71% of US stocks).
NEM Stock Summary
- NEM has a higher market value than 93.33% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $33,104,413,029.
- NEM's went public 36.71 years ago, making it older than 93.28% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of NEWMONT CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 2.58% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to NEM, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are MRO, CVE, CLR, ED, and E.
- Visit NEM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.newmont.com.
NEM Valuation Summary
- NEM's price/earnings ratio is 41.8; this is 271.56% higher than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- NEM's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 44.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NEM.
NEM Growth Metrics
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 347.03%.
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at 14.81%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 76.7%.
The table below shows NEM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NEM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NEM has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 80.3% of graded US stocks.
- NEM's asset turnover comes in at 0.3 -- ranking 19th of 47 Precious Metals stocks.
- EXK, GOLD, and FNV are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NEM.
The table below shows NEM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NEM Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of NEM, see our NEM price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$74.11||Average Broker Recommendation||1.55 (Moderate Buy)|
NEM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NEM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$42.33||52-week high||$86.37|
|Prev. close||$42.35||52-week low||$40.27|
|Day high||$42.73||Avg. volume||8,098,476|
|50-day MA||$48.65||Dividend yield||5.19%|
|200-day MA||$62.46||Market Cap||33.60B|
Newmont Corp. (NEM) Company Bio
Newmont, based in Greenwood Village, Colorado, United States, is the world's largest gold mining company. Incorporated in 1921, it has ownership of gold mines in Nevada, Colorado, Ontario, Quebec, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Australia, Ghana, Argentina, Peru, and Suriname. In addition to gold, Newmont mines copper, silver, zinc and lead. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
NEM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NEM Latest Social Stream
View Full NEM Social Stream
Latest NEM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NEWMONT CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NEM as an investment opportunity.
10 Stocks You Can Still Buy before Their Ex-Dividend Date
Thanks to the recent correction in the stock market that investors are witnessing plenty of investment opportunities. So, if you plan to buy the dip, consider these 10 dividend stocks. Each stock on the following list is near its 52-week low, presenting a solid opportunity to buy them at prices well below their highs. Besides trading at a discount from the peak, all of these stocks’ ex-dividend dates are around the corner, so investors still have a chance to grab these shares and benefit from their upcoming dividend distribution.
Newmont Corporation (NEM) Gains As Market Dips: What You Should Know
Newmont Corporation (NEM) closed the most recent trading day at $41.67, moving +1.86% from the previous trading session.
Gold Price Retreat Is Creating an Opportunity at Newmont
After a strong inflation run, the gold miner is being hurt by a strong dollar
Lackluster Gold Stock Among Worst to Own in September
Plus, another 24 stocks that tend to underperform this time of year
Mine for Value and Yield With Newmont Stock
A challenging backdrop for gold producers won't stop Newmont from pursuing steady production objectives.
NEM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching NEMWant to do more research on NEWMONT Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
NEWMONT Corp (NEM) Stock Price | Nasdaq
NEWMONT Corp (NEM) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
NEWMONT Corp (NEM) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...