Shopify Inc. Cl A (SHOP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SHOP POWR Grades
- SHOP scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 28.23% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SHOP is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- SHOP's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 5.55% of US stocks).
SHOP Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $37,683,889,213, SHOPIFY INC has a greater market value than 94.02% of US stocks.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for SHOPIFY INC is higher than 99.02% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- The volatility of SHOPIFY INC's share price is greater than that of 98.58% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to SHOPIFY INC, a group of peers worth examining would be ATVI, SQ, UTHR, ANSS, and BHVN.
- Visit SHOP's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.shopify.com.
SHOP Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, SHOP's EV/EBIT ratio is 217.06% lower, now standing at -24.7.
- Over the past 88 months, SHOP's price/sales ratio has gone down 7.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SHOP.
SHOP Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 309.27%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -302.87%.
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at -43.68%.
The table below shows SHOP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SHOP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SHOP has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 56.26% of graded US stocks.
- SHOP's asset turnover comes in at 0.382 -- ranking 385th of 563 Business Services stocks.
- ALRM, ISSC, and TYL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SHOP.
The table below shows SHOP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SHOP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SHOP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$30.81||52-week high||$176.29|
|Prev. close||$30.98||52-week low||$29.07|
|Day high||$31.81||Avg. volume||34,587,582|
|50-day MA||$34.96||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$67.31||Market Cap||38.79B|
Shopify Inc. Cl A (SHOP) Company Bio
Shopify Inc. allows Merchants to use its software to design, set up and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The company was founded in 2004 and is based in Ottawa, Canada.
Most Popular Stories View All
SHOP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SHOP Latest Social Stream
View Full SHOP Social Stream
Latest SHOP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SHOPIFY INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SHOP as an investment opportunity.
Why Global-e Online Shares Skyrocketed in August
The e-commerce expert focusing on border-crossing transactions saw fantastic sales in the second quarter -- and expects even more growth in the following report.
3 of the Best Stock-Split Stocks to Buy Now and Hold Forever
A company that conducts a stock split typically does so to reduce its high share price so it's more attractive to smaller investors. 2022 has been a big year for stock splits. A panel of Motley Fool contributors have identified Google parent Alphabet (NASDAQ: GOOGL)(NASDAQ: GOOG), Shopify (NYSE: SHOP), and Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) as the three best candidates.
What does Hedge Fund Trading Activity Tell about Shopify (NYSE:SHOP) Stock?
Shopify (NYSE:SHOP)(TSE:SHOP) offers a platform for internet commerce. A slowdown in e-commerce growth, tough year-over-year comparisons, and the broad tech sell-off amid fears of a recession led to a significant decline in Shopify stock. Though Shopify stock has declined quite a lot (down 77% year-to-date), TipRanks’ Hedge Fund Trading Activity tool shows that hedge funds remain negative about its prospects. SHOP Stock: Hedge Fund Activity Per the tool, hedge funds decreased their holdings in SHOP stock by selling 20.7M shares in the last quarter. Also, SHOP stock was among the top five stocks that hedge funds sold the most.
Which Growth Stock Looks Most Promising Despite Near-Term Headwinds?
Growth stocks may be facing some near-term headwinds.
1 Growth Stock That's Played Out and 1 That's Just Starting
Hotels were a great buy during COVID-19. Now that growth story is over, and I've bought shares of a fast-grower in South America.
SHOP Price Returns
Continue Researching SHOPHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Shopify Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Shopify Inc (SHOP) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Shopify Inc (SHOP) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Shopify Inc (SHOP) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...