Goldman Sachs Group Inc. (GS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GS POWR Grades
- GS scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 87.63% of US stocks.
- GS's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- GS ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 8th percentile.
GS Stock Summary
- GS has a higher market value than 98.24% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $111,449,297,586.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for GOLDMAN SACHS GROUP INC is higher than 96.05% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for GOLDMAN SACHS GROUP INC is higher than it is for about 97.44% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to GOLDMAN SACHS GROUP INC, a group of peers worth examining would be HDB, HSBC, ADP, MS, and BLK.
- GS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit GOLDMAN SACHS GROUP INC's official web site, go to www.goldmansachs.com.
GS Valuation Summary
- GS's price/earnings ratio is 7.2; this is 32.39% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- GS's price/earnings ratio has moved down 10 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GS.
GS Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 24.15%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 167.2%.
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -31.53%.
The table below shows GS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 47.43% of graded US stocks.
- GS's asset turnover comes in at 0.045 -- ranking 304th of 442 Trading stocks.
- JHG, GROW, and WY are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GS.
The table below shows GS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$332.29||52-week high||$426.16|
|Prev. close||$330.56||52-week low||$277.84|
|Day high||$335.75||Avg. volume||2,786,428|
|50-day MA||$325.50||Dividend yield||3.03%|
|200-day MA||$338.73||Market Cap||113.43B|
Goldman Sachs Group Inc. (GS) Company Bio
Goldman Sachs operates as an investment banking, securities, and investment management company worldwide. The company operates through four segments: Investment Banking, Institutional Client Services, Investing & Lending, and Investment Management. The company was founded in 1869 and is based in New York, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
GS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GS Latest Social Stream
View Full GS Social Stream
Latest GS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GOLDMAN SACHS GROUP INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GS as an investment opportunity.
Financial Advisors Know How to Perform Well
Trust is a great theme to base an investment on. Uncertainty, or a lack of trust, can be reflected in valuation volatility, underperformance, and a poor overall financial state. In the financial industry, this can be seen with the extremely low valuations and poor performance of major banks and firms as historical issues weigh on investor sentiment. Therefore, it is important to go with a company that is trusted by customers and has multiple ways to reflect stability and certainty. I believe Houlihan Lokey (HLI) reflects this sentiment, and the company is my largest, and only, financial holding.
Half of Americans think the U.S. is already in one, according to a Wall Street Journal poll. Federal Reserve Chairman has stopped talking up a “soft landing,” when the economy slows enough to bring down inflation but not push unemployment up much, and has begun warning of pain. In March, I wrote that the odds don’t favor a soft landing.
(Bloomberg) -- Weather officials are predicting further bouts of severe weather in Bangalore as torrential rains pounded the city, submerged access to office parks and hit back-office operations that are the nerve center of the global financial and technology industries. Most Read from BloombergRussia Privately Warns of Deep and Prolonged Economic DamageApple’s iPhone 14 Offers Camera Upgrades, Satellite FeatureTexas Judge Says HIV Drug Mandate Violates Religious FreedomA Text Alert May Have Sav
The Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS) said on Wednesday that Liz Truss’s plan to freeze UK energy bills was “very poorly targeted”.
Investors seeking safe stocks to buy in July should consider these seven, which are both safe and in possession of catalysts.
GS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|