Home Depot Inc. (HD): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HD POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where HD ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 86.8% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for HD is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- HD ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 21st percentile.
HD Stock Summary
- HD has a higher market value than 99.62% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $296,409,754,306.
- HOME DEPOT INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 99.96% of US listed stocks.
- HD's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of just 0.04% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to HOME DEPOT INC, a group of peers worth examining would be MTD, MAX, NM, WTER, and VMW.
- Visit HD's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.homedepot.com.
HD Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, HD's price/sales ratio is 122.22% higher, now standing at 2.
- HD's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.7 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HD.
HD Growth Metrics
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at 16.4%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 7.93%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 51.12%.
The table below shows HD's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HD's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- HD has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 89.73% of graded US stocks.
- HD's asset turnover comes in at 2.057 -- ranking 45th of 165 Retail stocks.
- BNED, WBA, and BLDR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with HD.
The table below shows HD's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
HD Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HD Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$296.92||52-week high||$420.61|
|Prev. close||$297.47||52-week low||$264.51|
|Day high||$300.19||Avg. volume||4,372,019|
|50-day MA||$300.03||Dividend yield||2.55%|
|200-day MA||$328.06||Market Cap||303.96B|
Home Depot Inc. (HD) Company Bio
Home Depot operates as a home improvement retailer, selling various building materials, home improvement products, and lawn and garden products, as well as provide installation, home maintenance, and professional service programs to do-it-yourself, do-it-for-me, and professional customers. The company was founded in 1978 and is based in Atlanta, Georgia.
Most Popular Stories View All
HD Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HD Latest Social Stream
View Full HD Social Stream
Latest HD News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about HOME DEPOT INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HD as an investment opportunity.
Building a diversified portfolio of stocks that pay ever-higher dividends to their shareholders is the dream of every dividend growth investor. With a $315 billion market capitalization, Home Depot (NYSE: HD) is more than double the size of Lowe's (NYSE: LOW), its next-closest competitor in the home improvement retail industry. Let's dig into what makes Home Depot a passive-income machine that income investors can't afford to ignore.
As a result of a slowing economy, the housing market has certainly started to soften as well. Could Home Depot (NYSE: HD), a $295 billion company that caters to that specific industry, see its business weaken and its stock fall as a result? This means that the central bank will continue its aggressive policy of hiking interest rates in order to remedy the situation.
Sales at Home Depot (NYSE: HD) boomed at the pandemic's onset. That trend is reversing, and investors are questioning if now is a good time to buy Home Depot stock. In this video, I will answer that question using my six-step framework.
Despite threats of a recession and decreasing home prices, Home Depot is planning for another sales record.
Investors need to pay close attention to Home Depot (HD) stock based on the movements in the options market lately.
HD Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|