United Parcel Service Inc. Cl B (UPS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
UPS POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where UPS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.13% of US stocks.
- UPS's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- UPS ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 35th percentile.
UPS Stock Summary
- UPS has a higher market value than 99% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $170,224,187,747.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for UPS is 6.15 -- better than 93.73% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, UPS is more volatile than just 18.37% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to UNITED PARCEL SERVICE INC are VZ, TMUS, UNP, DIS, and CMCSA.
- Visit UPS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.ups.com.
UPS Valuation Summary
- UPS's price/earnings ratio is 15.6; this is 13.33% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- UPS's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.6 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for UPS.
UPS Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 10.2%.
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 37.34%.
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at -14.32%.
The table below shows UPS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
UPS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- UPS has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 93.49% of graded US stocks.
- UPS's asset turnover comes in at 1.462 -- ranking 17th of 137 Transportation stocks.
- SAIA, CHRW, and RRTS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with UPS.
The table below shows UPS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
UPS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
UPS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$193.71||52-week high||$233.72|
|Prev. close||$196.29||52-week low||$165.34|
|Day high||$196.16||Avg. volume||3,161,017|
|50-day MA||$193.09||Dividend yield||3.1%|
|200-day MA||$197.84||Market Cap||168.27B|
United Parcel Service Inc. Cl B (UPS) Company Bio
United Parcel Service Inc was founded in 1907 in Seattle, Washington. The company is a package delivery organization and provider of supply chain management solutions. Its services include transportation, distribution, contract logistics, ground freight, ocean freight, air freight, insurance, and financing. The company operates on six continents and more than 220 countries and territories around the world. In 2020, UPS delivered 6.5 billion packages around the world and had a net revenue of 84.6 billion. The company is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia and employs over 495,000 individuals across the globe. Carol B Tome currently serves as the company’s 12th Chief Executive Officer.
Most Popular Stories View All
UPS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
UPS Latest Social Stream
View Full UPS Social Stream
Latest UPS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about UNITED PARCEL SERVICE INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate UPS as an investment opportunity.
In the latest trading session, United Parcel Service (UPS) closed at $196.29, marking a +0.17% move from the previous day.
Yahoo Finance Live checks out UPS' hiring push to accommodate the demand expected in this year's holiday season.
The logistics company said the job openings are mainly for full-time and part-time drivers and package handlers. Both UPS and rival FedEx Corp hire thousands of temporary workers each year to move more parcels between the months of October and January. This year, they face the added headache of a tight labor market although supply of workers seems to be gradually improving.
UPS to hire 'more than' 100,000 seasonal employees for holidays, slightly more than pre-pandemic 2019
Shares of United Parcel Service Inc. inched up 0.1% in morning trading Wednesday, after the package delivery giant said it will hire "more than" 100,000 seasonal employees ahead of the holiday period. That's the same as last year, and compares with "about" 100,000 seasonal hires announced around the same time in pre-pandemic 2019. UPS said Wednesday that nearly 35,000 seasonal employees hired in 2021 transitioned to permanent positions. UPS shares have gained 5.7% over the past three months, whi
Digital-first hiring means no interviews and a job offer for most roles in as little as 25 minutesATLANTA, Sept. 07, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- UPS (NYSE: UPS) announced today it will hire more than 100,000 seasonal employees ahead of the holiday rush. Its streamlined, digital-first process now takes just 25 minutes for most people – from filling out an online application to receiving a job offer. And nearly 80% of seasonal positions do not require an interview. After achieving superior on-time pe
UPS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching UPSWant to see what other sources are saying about United Parcel Service Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
United Parcel Service Inc (UPS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
United Parcel Service Inc (UPS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
United Parcel Service Inc (UPS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch