Verizon Communications Inc. (VZ): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VZ POWR Grades
- VZ scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 84.76% of US stocks.
- VZ's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- VZ ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 19th percentile.
VZ Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $172,608,273,184, VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS INC has a greater market value than 99.07% of US stocks.
- VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS INC's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.28% of US equities in our set.
- The volatility of VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS INC's share price is greater than that of just 12.52% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to VZ, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are UPS, TMUS, UNP, DIS, and CMCSA.
- Visit VZ's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.verizon.com.
VZ Valuation Summary
- VZ's price/sales ratio is 1.4; this is 0% higher than that of the median Communication Services stock.
- VZ's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 39.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VZ.
VZ Growth Metrics
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at 21.37%.
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -83.72%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 16.37%.
The table below shows VZ's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
VZ's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VZ has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 64.13% of graded US stocks.
- VZ's asset turnover comes in at 0.393 -- ranking 35th of 64 Communication stocks.
- CXDO, TDS, and USM are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with VZ.
The table below shows VZ's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
VZ Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of VZ, see our VZ price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$60.67||Average Broker Recommendation||1.87 (Hold)|
VZ Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VZ Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$41.17||52-week high||$55.51|
|Prev. close||$41.08||52-week low||$40.71|
|Day high||$41.72||Avg. volume||22,635,994|
|50-day MA||$46.15||Dividend yield||6.23%|
|200-day MA||$50.35||Market Cap||172.90B|
Verizon Communications Inc. (VZ) Company Bio
Verizon Communications Inc is a provider of communications, information and entertainment products and services to consumers, businesses, and governmental agencies. It offers voice, data and video services and solutions to wireless and wireline networks. The company was founded on June 30th, 2000 and is currently headquartered in New York City. In 2015, Verizon partnered with Ericsson, Qualcomm, Intel and Samsung to create the 5G Technology Forum (5GTF). By 2019, the company utilized the 5GTF to launch 5G mobile service to limited areas in the U.S., including Los Angeles, Sacramento, Houston, Chicago, Minneapolis, and Indianapolis. Verizon’s current Chief Executive Officer is Hans Vestberg and the company has operations in over 150 countries, employing 130,000 employees worldwide.
Most Popular Stories View All
VZ Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VZ Latest Social Stream
View Full VZ Social Stream
Latest VZ News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VZ as an investment opportunity.
7 Stocks to Buy Ahead of the Next Big Rate Hikes
Investors are searching for robust stocks to buy to protect their portfolios
Can AT&T Afford Its Dividend if Customers Can't Pay Their Bill?
U.S. telecommunications giant AT&T (NYSE: T) recently reported its earnings for the second quarter of this year. Among some solid results was a notable drop in the company's cash profits compared to the prior year. The decline was so steep that AT&T couldn't cover its dividend payment for the quarter and had to pull from its balance sheet instead.
Why These Big-Time Investors Own T-Mobile
T-Mobile's merger with Sprint is already beginning to pay off. Here's what the big investors see in the company.
Apple Employees in Oklahoma City Petition to Unionize Store
(Bloomberg) -- Apple Inc. workers in Oklahoma City petitioned Thursday to unionize their store, extending a wave of organizing within the company and the broader retail industry.Most Read from BloombergAmazon Closes, Abandons Plans for Dozens of US WarehousesEurope’s Energy Crisis Deepens After Russia Keeps Pipeline ShutUK Slips Behind India to Become World’s Sixth Biggest EconomyApple’s Car Is Beloved Before It Even ExistsBrace for ‘Recession Shock’ as Outflows Rock Equities, Bank of America Sa
Verizon “Fuels the Love” in Kansas City
Part of the company’s #ACallForKindness campaign which aims to make the world a kinder place, one act at a time KANSAS CITY, Mo., Sept. 01, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Drivers roaming the Heart of America were surprised with kindness top of mind at the gas pump. Nearly 50 customers pulled up to QuikTrip in Overland Park, Kansas recently, where they were surprised with a free tank of gas as part of Verizon’s “Fuel the Love” campaign. Kansas City joins Dallas, Cincinnati, Las Vegas, Madison, Portland
VZ Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching VZWant to see what other sources are saying about Verizon Communications Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Verizon Communications Inc (VZ) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Verizon Communications Inc (VZ) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Verizon Communications Inc (VZ) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...