Columbia Sportswear Company (COLM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
COLM POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where COLM ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 92.75% of US stocks.
- COLM's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- COLM's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 33.99% of US stocks).
COLM Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for COLUMBIA SPORTSWEAR CO is higher than 86.63% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of COLUMBIA SPORTSWEAR CO's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 97.24% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- COLUMBIA SPORTSWEAR CO's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 10.58%, greater than the shareholder yield of 83.54% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to COLUMBIA SPORTSWEAR CO are UFPI, AIT, MSM, CVCO, and SITE.
- COLM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit COLUMBIA SPORTSWEAR CO's official web site, go to www.columbia.com.
COLM Valuation Summary
- COLM's price/earnings ratio is 13.7; this is 12.3% higher than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- COLM's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for COLM.
COLM Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at -19.62%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 25.31%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -50.18%.
The table below shows COLM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
COLM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- COLM has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 91.2% of graded US stocks.
- COLM's asset turnover comes in at 1.008 -- ranking 15th of 32 Apparel stocks.
- RL, SHOO, and LEVI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with COLM.
The table below shows COLM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
COLM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
COLM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$71.65||52-week high||$107.50|
|Prev. close||$71.61||52-week low||$68.29|
|Day high||$72.19||Avg. volume||412,696|
|50-day MA||$74.06||Dividend yield||1.68%|
|200-day MA||$84.96||Market Cap||4.50B|
Columbia Sportswear Company (COLM) Company Bio
Columbia Sportswear designs, sources, markets, and distributes outdoor and active lifestyle apparel, footwear, accessories, and equipment in the United States, Latin America, the Asia Pacific, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Canada. The company was founded in 1938 and is based in Portland, Oregon.
Most Popular Stories View All
COLM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
COLM Latest Social Stream
View Full COLM Social Stream
Latest COLM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about COLUMBIA SPORTSWEAR CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate COLM as an investment opportunity.
Columbia Sportswear (COLM) has been seeing higher SG&A costs and increased inbound freight costs.
PORTLAND, Ore., August 24, 2022--Columbia Sportswear Company to Host Investor Day on Thursday, September 22, 2022
Earlier this week, we had a progress report on Oregon's emissions goals. Good news for Intel (Nasdaq: INTC) and the domestic semiconductor industry: The $52 billion CHIPS Act incentives package for U.S. chip makers passed the Senate and appears set for approval in the House. With Intel's presence in Oregon, it marks a big win for the state, says its two senators.
Columbia Sportswear Company is the latest retailer to see an impact from shifting consumer habits amid inflation.
Columbia Sportswear's (COLM) second-quarter 2022 results reflect an increased top line, with some regions seeing sales growth, while some are hurt by operational woes. Management cuts 2022 view.
COLM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching COLMWant to see what other sources are saying about Columbia Sportswear Co's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Columbia Sportswear Co (COLM) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Columbia Sportswear Co (COLM) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Columbia Sportswear Co (COLM) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch