Group 1 Automotive, Inc. (GPI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GPI POWR Grades
- GPI scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 98.32% of US stocks.
- GPI's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- GPI ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 28th percentile.
GPI Stock Summary
- GROUP 1 AUTOMOTIVE INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 95.2% of US listed stocks.
- GPI's current price/earnings ratio is 3.9, which is higher than merely 7.35% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- GPI's price/sales ratio is 0.17; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 3.33% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GPI, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are LAD, ABG, BXC, BIG, and CTRN.
- GPI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit GROUP 1 AUTOMOTIVE INC's official web site, go to www.group1auto.com.
GPI Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, GPI's price/earnings ratio is 63.11% lower, now standing at 4.5.
- GPI's price/earnings ratio has moved down 4.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GPI.
GPI Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -16.22%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 334.44%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -13.54%.
The table below shows GPI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GPI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GPI has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 79.5% of graded US stocks.
- GPI's asset turnover comes in at 2.673 -- ranking 19th of 165 Retail stocks.
- KMX, LE, and TITN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GPI.
The table below shows GPI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GPI Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of GPI, see our GPI price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$256.00||Average Broker Recommendation||1.5 (Moderate Buy)|
GPI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GPI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$166.09||52-week high||$212.23|
|Prev. close||$168.76||52-week low||$145.72|
|Day high||$167.91||Avg. volume||181,477|
|50-day MA||$176.58||Dividend yield||0.9%|
|200-day MA||$180.29||Market Cap||2.62B|
Group 1 Automotive, Inc. (GPI) Company Bio
Group 1 Automotive operates in the automotive retail industry. It sells new and used cars, light trucks, and vehicle parts; arranges vehicle financing; sells service and insurance contracts; and provides automotive maintenance and repair services. The company was founded in 1995 and is based in Houston, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
GPI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GPI Latest Social Stream
View Full GPI Social Stream
Latest GPI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GROUP 1 AUTOMOTIVE INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GPI as an investment opportunity.
Group 1 Automotive, Inc. (NYSE:GPI) Looks Interesting, And It's About To Pay A Dividend
It looks like Group 1 Automotive, Inc. ( NYSE:GPI ) is about to go ex-dividend in the next 3 days. The ex-dividend date...
Here's How Much You'd Have If You Invested $1000 in Group 1 Automotive a Decade Ago
Why investing for the long run, especially if you buy certain popular stocks, could reap huge rewards.
Longtime Group 1 Automotive CEO Earl Hesterberg to retire, successor named
Houston-based Group 1 Automotive Inc. (NYSE: GPI), one of Houston's largest public companies, will be under new leadership starting next year.
Auto Roundup: GM & GPI's Investor-Friendly Moves Rule the Headlines
While General Motors (GM) reinstates its dividend and buyback program, Group 1 (GPI) cheers investors by hiking its payout and boosting its share repurchase program by $130 million.
Group 1 Automotive names Daryl Kenningham CEO effective Jan 1, replacing Earl Hesterberg who is retiring
Group 1 Automotive Inc. , an operator of car dealerships, said Wednesday it has named Daryl Kenningham as its chief executive effective Jan. 1, 2023, replacing Earl Hesterberg, who is retiring at the end of the year. Kenningham is currently president of U.S. operations and will become president and chief operating officer with immediate effect, before taking on the CEO role next year. The executive joined Group 1 in 2011 and regional vice president and has more than 30 years of automotive experi
GPI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching GPIWant to see what other sources are saying about Group 1 Automotive Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Group 1 Automotive Inc (GPI) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Group 1 Automotive Inc (GPI) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Group 1 Automotive Inc (GPI) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...