Sherwin-Williams Co. (SHW): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SHW POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where SHW ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 93.98% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SHW is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- SHW ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 20th percentile.
SHW Stock Summary
- SHW has a higher market value than 96.42% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $59,192,225,644.
- SHERWIN WILLIAMS CO's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 96.46% of US listed stocks.
- SHW's went public 36.71 years ago, making it older than 93.28% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to SHERWIN WILLIAMS CO are DG, HUM, MCO, TJX, and USB.
- Visit SHW's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.sherwin-williams.com.
SHW Valuation Summary
- SHW's price/earnings ratio is 34.2; this is 204% higher than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- SHW's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SHW.
SHW Growth Metrics
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 45.75%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -13.82%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 68.18%.
The table below shows SHW's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SHW's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SHW has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 98.4% of graded US stocks.
- SHW's asset turnover comes in at 0.958 -- ranking 140th of 165 Retail stocks.
- HZO, EZPW, and WINA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SHW.
The table below shows SHW's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SHW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SHW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$239.08||52-week high||$354.15|
|Prev. close||$238.65||52-week low||$214.22|
|Day high||$241.13||Avg. volume||1,703,279|
|50-day MA||$242.10||Dividend yield||1.01%|
|200-day MA||$271.04||Market Cap||61.97B|
Sherwin-Williams Co. (SHW) Company Bio
Sherwin-Williams Company is an American Cleveland, Ohio–based company in the paint and coating manufacturing industry. The company primarily engages in the manufacture, distribution, and sale of paints, coatings, floorcoverings, and related products to professional, industrial, commercial, and retail customers primarily in North and South America and Europe. At the end of 2020, Sherwin-Willams had operations in over 120 countries. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
SHW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SHW Latest Social Stream
View Full SHW Social Stream
Latest SHW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SHERWIN WILLIAMS CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SHW as an investment opportunity.
Today we'll do a simple run through of a valuation method used to estimate the attractiveness of The Sherwin-Williams...
Sherwin-Williams (SHW) closed the most recent trading day at $232.10, moving -1.23% from the previous trading session.
According to city documents, the Statesville Planning Board will meet later this week to hold a hearing regarding a special use permit for the expansion of Sherwin-Williams' manufacturing operations.
Union Carbide Chemicals & Plastics Co. Inc. -- Moody's announces completion of a periodic review for a group of Chemical issuers
Announcement of Periodic Review: Moody's announces completion of a periodic review for a group of Chemical issuersGlobal Credit Research - 23 Aug 2022New York, August 23, 2022 -- Moody's Investors Service ("Moody's") has completed a periodic review of the ratings -and other ratings that are associated with the same analytical units for the rated entity(entities) listed below.The review was conducted through a portfolio review discussion held on 16 August 2022 in which Moody's reassessed the appropriateness of the ratings in the context of the relevant principal methodology(ies), recent developments, and a comparison of the financial and operating profile to similarly rated peers. A possible outcome from periodic reviews is a referral of a rating to a rating committee.This publication d...
Sherwin-Williams confirmed to CBJ that site work has begun for a 798,000-square-foot facility at Larkin Regional Commerce Park, a long-planned development in Statesville.
SHW Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|