Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc. (BBW): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BBW POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where BBW ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98.43% of US stocks.
- BBW's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- BBW ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 8th percentile.
BBW Stock Summary
- BUILD-A-BEAR WORKSHOP INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 89.86% of US listed stocks.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 3.81, BUILD-A-BEAR WORKSHOP INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about merely 7.02% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Over the past twelve months, BBW has reported earnings growth of 377.23%, putting it ahead of 95.57% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to BUILD-A-BEAR WORKSHOP INC are GCO, HSII, SCX, BGFV, and TLYS.
- Visit BBW's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.buildabear.com.
BBW Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, BBW's price/sales ratio is 68.42% lower, now standing at 0.6.
- BBW's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 13.4 over the prior 217 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BBW.
BBW Growth Metrics
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 28.93%.
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -43.19%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at -19.04%.
The table below shows BBW's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BBW's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BBW has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 98.08% of graded US stocks.
- BBW's asset turnover comes in at 1.352 -- ranking 93rd of 165 Retail stocks.
- TLYS, DXLG, and ANF are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BBW.
The table below shows BBW's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BBW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BBW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$13.02||52-week high||$23.50|
|Prev. close||$13.26||52-week low||$12.47|
|Day high||$13.14||Avg. volume||338,205|
|50-day MA||$16.31||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$18.11||Market Cap||202.94M|
Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc. (BBW) Company Bio
Build-A-Bear Workshop operates as a specialty retailer of plush animals and related products. It operates in three segments: Retail, International Franchising, and Commercial. The company was founded in 1997 and is based in St. Louis, Missouri.
Most Popular Stories View All
BBW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BBW Latest Social Stream
View Full BBW Social Stream
Latest BBW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BUILD-A-BEAR WORKSHOP INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BBW as an investment opportunity.
In this video, I will talk about a company that deserves more attention than it currently gets, and it's Build-A-Bear Workshop (NYSE: BBW). The company is still growing, it is profitable, and it is buying back a lot of shares, which in turn increases shareholder value.
Build-A-Bear Workshop Inc (NYSE: BBW) reported second-quarter FY22 sales growth of 6.3% year-on-year to $100.69 million, beating the consensus of $96.67 million. Net retail sales rose 5% Y/Y, and e-commerce demand declined 8.4%. Commercial and international franchise revenues grew 41.1% Y/Y. Gross profit decreased 1% Y/Y to $49.9 million. The gross margin of 49.6% contracted by 360 basis points Y/Y. The company held $14.4 million in cash and equivalents as of July 30, 2022. EPS of $0.38 missed t
Build-A-Bear (BBW) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -15.56% and 4.15%, respectively, for the quarter ended July 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Build-A-Bear Workshop Inc. shares fell 5% in premarket trade Thursday, after the maker of teddy bears and other soft toys missed profit estimates for its fiscal second quarter. The company posted net income of $5.8 million, or 38 cents a share, for the quarter to July 30, down from $6.8 million, or 42 cents a share, in the year-earlier period. Revenue rose 6.3% to $100.7 million from $94.7 million a year ago. The FactSet consensus was for EPS of 45 cents and revenue of $96.7 million. Like other
Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc. Reports Fiscal 2022 Second Quarter Results Contributing to Record-Breaking First Half Total Revenues and Pre-Tax Income and Reiterates Annual Guidance
ST. LOUIS, September 01, 2022--Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc. (NYSE: BBW) today reported results for the second quarter and first half ended July 30, 2022.
BBW Price Returns
Continue Researching BBWHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Build A Bear Workshop Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Build A Bear Workshop Inc (BBW) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Build A Bear Workshop Inc (BBW) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Build A Bear Workshop Inc (BBW) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch