Union Pacific Corp. (UNP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
UNP POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where UNP ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 91.39% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for UNP is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- UNP's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 6.17% of US stocks).
UNP Stock Summary
- UNP has a higher market value than 98.8% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $142,368,629,860.
- UNP's went public 36.71 years ago, making it older than 93.28% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, UNP is more volatile than just 15.3% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to UNP, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are T, UPS, VZ, DEO, and LIN.
- Visit UNP's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.up.com.
UNP Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, UNP's price/sales ratio is 200% higher, now standing at 6.
- UNP's price/earnings ratio has moved up 6.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for UNP.
UNP Growth Metrics
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at 12.12%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -40.81%.
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 11.59%.
The table below shows UNP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
UNP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- UNP has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 96.53% of graded US stocks.
- UNP's asset turnover comes in at 0.341 -- ranking 61st of 137 Transportation stocks.
- ARCB, CSX, and PATI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with UNP.
The table below shows UNP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
UNP Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of UNP, see our UNP price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$247.44||Average Broker Recommendation||1.47 (Moderate Buy)|
UNP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
UNP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$228.43||52-week high||$278.94|
|Prev. close||$228.79||52-week low||$195.68|
|Day high||$230.57||Avg. volume||3,109,435|
|50-day MA||$223.93||Dividend yield||2.27%|
|200-day MA||$236.93||Market Cap||142.65B|
Union Pacific Corp. (UNP) Company Bio
The Union Pacific Corporation (Union Pacific) is a publicly traded railroad holding company. It was incorporated in Utah in 1969 and is headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. It is the parent company of the current, Delaware-registered, form of the Union Pacific Railroad.
Most Popular Stories View All
UNP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
UNP Latest Social Stream
View Full UNP Social Stream
Latest UNP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about UNION PACIFIC CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate UNP as an investment opportunity.
4 Top Railroad Stocks to Benefit from Strong Freight Demand
The Zacks Transportation - Rail industry is gaining from a favorable freight environment. This bodes well for stocks like UNP, CP, CSX and NSC.
10 Best Dividend Stocks to Buy According to Diamond Hill Capital
In this article, we discuss the 10 best dividend stocks to buy according to Diamond Hill Capital. You can skip our detailed analysis of the hedge fund’s performance and investment strategy, and go directly to the 5 Best Dividend Stocks to Buy According to Diamond Hill Capital. Ric Dillon founded Diamond Hill Capital, which uses […]
Union Pacific Corporation CEO Lance Fritz to Address the Cowen 2022 Global Transportation & Sustainable Mobility Conference
Lance Fritz, chairman, president, and chief executive officer, of Union Pacific Corporation (NYSE: UNP), will address the Cowen 2022 Global Transportation & Sustainable Mobility Conference on Wednesday, Sept. 7, 2022, at 8:40 a.m. ET.
Union Pacific (UNP) Gains As Market Dips: What You Should Know
Union Pacific (UNP) closed at $232.41 in the latest trading session, marking a +0.49% move from the prior day.
With Abbott's Border Crackdown, New Mexico Looks to Take Texas Trade With New Port
(Bloomberg) -- Twenty-five miles west of El Paso, in an unincorporated slice of the Chihuahuan desert where shipping containers outnumber humans, New Mexico is working to turn a quiet border crossing into an international port that rivals anything Texas has to offer.Most Read from BloombergAdani Becomes World’s Third Richest Trailing Only Musk, BezosDOJ Response Raises Doubts on Trump ‘Special Master’ RequestFed’s QT to Hit ‘Full Stride’ With Central Bank Shrinking $9 Trillion PortfolioSingapore
UNP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching UNPWant to do more research on Union Pacific Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Union Pacific Corp (UNP) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Union Pacific Corp (UNP) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Union Pacific Corp (UNP) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...