Old Dominion Freight Line Inc. (ODFL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ODFL POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where ODFL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 86.2% of US stocks.
- ODFL's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- ODFL's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 7.97% of US stocks).
ODFL Stock Summary
- ODFL has a higher market value than 92.77% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $30,402,493,728.
- OLD DOMINION FREIGHT LINE INC's stock had its IPO on October 24, 1991, making it an older stock than 84.23% of US equities in our set.
- For ODFL, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by just 8.3% of US equities we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to OLD DOMINION FREIGHT LINE INC, a group of peers worth examining would be JCI, AJG, TSCO, WBA, and CBRE.
- Visit ODFL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.odfl.com.
ODFL Valuation Summary
- ODFL's price/earnings ratio is 24.5; this is 36.11% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, ODFL's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 10.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ODFL.
ODFL Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -25.51%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 36.93%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 208.31%.
The table below shows ODFL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ODFL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ODFL has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 94.41% of graded US stocks.
- ODFL's asset turnover comes in at 1.045 -- ranking 32nd of 137 Transportation stocks.
- PTSI, FWRD, and XPO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ODFL.
The table below shows ODFL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ODFL Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of ODFL, see our ODFL price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$276.30||Average Broker Recommendation||1.72 (Moderate Buy)|
ODFL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ODFL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$257.44||52-week high||$373.58|
|Prev. close||$263.98||52-week low||$231.31|
|Day high||$262.46||Avg. volume||960,887|
|50-day MA||$282.55||Dividend yield||0.45%|
|200-day MA||$295.33||Market Cap||28.78B|
Old Dominion Freight Line Inc. (ODFL) Company Bio
Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. (ODFL) is an American regional, inter-regional and national less than truckload shipping (LTL) company. In addition to its core LTL services, the company offers logistics and household moving services. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
ODFL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ODFL Latest Social Stream
View Full ODFL Social Stream
Latest ODFL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about OLD DOMINION FREIGHT LINE INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ODFL as an investment opportunity.
Old Dominion Freight Line revenue per day rises 14.5% for August
Old Dominion (ODFL) Posts Solid August LTL Unit Performance
Old Dominion's (ODFL) revenue per day climbs 14.5% year over year in August 2022 on an increase in LTL revenue per hundredweight.
Old Dominion Freight Line Provides Update for Third Quarter 2022
THOMASVILLE, N.C., September 07, 2022--Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. (Nasdaq: ODFL) today reported certain less-than-truckload ("LTL") operating metrics for August 2022. Revenue per day increased 14.5% as compared to August 2021 due to an increase in LTL revenue per hundredweight that was slightly offset by a 0.9% decrease in LTL tons per day. The change in LTL tons per day was attributable to a 2.7% decrease in LTL shipments per day that was partially offset by a 1.8% increase in LTL weight p
Why Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. (NASDAQ:ODFL) Could Be Worth Watching
Today we're going to take a look at the well-established Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. ( NASDAQ:ODFL ). The company's...
Why Old Dominion Freight Line (ODFL) is a Top Growth Stock for the Long-Term
The Zacks Style Scores offers investors a way to easily find top-rated stocks based on their investing style. Here's why you should take advantage.
ODFL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching ODFLHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Old Dominion Freight Line Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Old Dominion Freight Line Inc (ODFL) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Old Dominion Freight Line Inc (ODFL) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Old Dominion Freight Line Inc (ODFL) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...