Hovnanian Enterprises, Inc. (HOV): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HOV POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where HOV ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98.83% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for HOV is in Sentiment, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- HOV ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 19th percentile.
HOV Stock Summary
- HOV's current price/earnings ratio is 1.35, which is higher than merely 0.99% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.09, HOVNANIAN ENTERPRISES INC has a higher such ratio than merely 1.63% of stocks in our set.
- HOVNANIAN ENTERPRISES INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 86.66%, greater than the shareholder yield of 97.82% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to HOV, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are HBI, KTB, CROX, SBH, and CPS.
- Visit HOV's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.khov.com.
HOV Valuation Summary
- HOV's price/sales ratio is 0.1; this is 88.89% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 243 months, HOV's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HOV.
HOV Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -413.55%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -92.4%.
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -42.01%.
The table below shows HOV's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HOV's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- HOV has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 60.31% of graded US stocks.
- HOV's asset turnover comes in at 1.274 -- ranking 25th of 51 Construction stocks.
- ESOA, MTRX, and EME are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with HOV.
The table below shows HOV's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
HOV Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HOV Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$39.83||52-week high||$133.99|
|Prev. close||$40.93||52-week low||$38.23|
|Day high||$40.79||Avg. volume||92,092|
|50-day MA||$45.66||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$69.78||Market Cap||251.41M|
Hovnanian Enterprises, Inc. (HOV) Company Bio
Hovnanian Enterprises designs, constructs, markets, and sells residential homes in the United States. The company was founded in 1959 and is based in Red Bank, New Jersey.
Most Popular Stories View All
HOV Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HOV Latest Social Stream
View Full HOV Social Stream
Latest HOV News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about HOVNANIAN ENTERPRISES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HOV as an investment opportunity.
Hovnanian (HOV) recently reported its fiscal Q3 earnings. EPS was $10.82, or $43 annualized. The stock? $39. Yes, that’s below a 1 P/E. The S&P 500 P/E is 18, meaning that Hovnanian’s multiple is 5% of the market. Have you ever seen anything like this valuation? Me neither.
Clearly investors are anticipating a looming disaster, for Hovnanian and its peer homebuilders. And yes, housing demand recently just shifted from booming to weak in a matter of months due to a major drop in home affordability. But I own and enthusiastically recommend this stock for three reasons:
Shares of Hovnanian Enterprises Inc. leapt 3.2% in afternoon trading Thursday, to bounce off the previous session's 19-month closing low, after the home builder a big jump in fiscal third-quarter profit and lifted its full-year outlook, despite signs of a slowing housing market. Net income for the quarter to July 31 rose to $79.95 million, or $10.82 a share, from $47.70 million, or $6.72 a share, in the year-ago period. Revenue grew 11.1% to $767.59 million. There were no analyst estimates compi
81% Year-over-Year Increase in Pretax ProfitGross Margin Percentage Increased 390 Basis Points Year-over-YearInterest Expense as Percent of Revenue Declined 140 Basis Points Year-over-Year Backlog Cancellation Rate Increased to 8% From 6% Last Year Consolidated Contract Dollars Declined 23% Year-over-YearIncreased Full Year EBITDA, Gross Margin and Adjusted Pretax Profit Guidance MATAWAN, N.J., Sept. 01, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Hovnanian Enterprises, Inc. (NYSE: HOV), a leading national homebui
A new development of up to 225 single-family homes could soon be coming to Prince William County. New Jersey-based K. Hovnanian Homes has a contract to purchase about 81 acres of farmland near Haymarket and has filed an application with the county to have the property rezoned for mixed residential development, according to a report in InsideNoVa. K. Hovnanian, a unit of Hovnanian Enterprises Inc. (NYSE: HOV), is one of the nation’s largest homebuilders.
MATAWAN, N.J., Aug. 18, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Hovnanian Enterprises, Inc. (NYSE: HOV), a leading national homebuilder, will release financial results for the third quarter ended July 31, 2022 the morning of Thursday, September 1, 2022. The Company will webcast its third quarter earnings conference call at 11:00 a.m. (ET) on Thursday, September 1, 2022. The conference call and accompanying slide presentation will be webcast live through the “Investor Relations” section of Hovnanian Enterprises
HOV Price Returns
Continue Researching HOVWant to do more research on Hovnanian Enterprises Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Hovnanian Enterprises Inc (HOV) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Hovnanian Enterprises Inc (HOV) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Hovnanian Enterprises Inc (HOV) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch