Peabody Energy Corporation (BTU): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BTU POWR Grades
- BTU scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 90.28% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for BTU is in Sentiment, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- BTU ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 2nd percentile.
BTU Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 4.78, PEABODY ENERGY CORP P/E ratio is greater than that of about merely 10.44% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of PEABODY ENERGY CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 8.72% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Over the past twelve months, BTU has reported earnings growth of -805.14%, putting it ahead of merely 2.18% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to PEABODY ENERGY CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be LPI, NAT, RIG, PAA, and SMLP.
- BTU's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit PEABODY ENERGY CORP's official web site, go to www.peabodyenergy.com.
BTU Valuation Summary
- BTU's price/sales ratio is 0.9; this is 47.06% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- BTU's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.8 over the prior 66 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BTU.
BTU's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BTU has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 59.37% of graded US stocks.
- BTU's asset turnover comes in at 0.603 -- ranking 6th of 9 Coal stocks.
- ARLP, ARCH, and HCC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BTU.
The table below shows BTU's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BTU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BTU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$22.19||52-week high||$33.29|
|Prev. close||$23.71||52-week low||$8.58|
|Day high||$23.96||Avg. volume||7,811,683|
|50-day MA||$22.46||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$19.68||Market Cap||3.19B|
Peabody Energy Corporation (BTU) Company Bio
Peabody Energy is is the largest U.S. coal producer. The company operates through six operating segments: Powder River Basin Mining, Midwestern U.S. Mining, Western U.S. Mining, Australian Metallurgical Mining, Australian Thermal Mining, and Trading and Brokerage. It is involved in mining, preparation, and sale of thermal coal primarily to electric utilities; and metallurgical coal that include hard coking coal, semi-hard coking coal, semi-soft coking coal, and low-volatile pulverized coal injection for industrial customers. The company supplies coal primarily to electricity generators, industrial facilities, and steel manufacturers. The company was founded in 1883 and is based in St. Louis, Missouri.
Most Popular Stories View All
BTU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BTU Latest Social Stream
View Full BTU Social Stream
Latest BTU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about PEABODY ENERGY CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BTU as an investment opportunity.
Peabody Energy (BTU) closed the most recent trading day at $25.21, moving +1.94% from the previous trading session.
Peabody Energy (BTU) has received quite a bit of attention from Zacks.com users lately. Therefore, it is wise to be aware of the facts that can impact the stock's prospects.
PIC AU HOLDINGS LLC AND PIC AU HOLDINGS CORPORATION, WHOLLY‐OWNED SUBSIDIARIES OF PEABODY, ANNOUNCE EXPIRATION AND FINAL RESULTS OF OFFER TO PURCHASE UP TO $27.204 MILLION IN AGGREGATE PRINCIPAL AMOUNT OF THEIR 10.000% SENIOR SECURED NOTES DUE 2024
Wholly‐owned subsidiaries of Peabody (NYSE: BTU), PIC AU Holdings LLC, a Delaware limited liability company (the "Main Issuer"), and PIC AU Holdings Corporation, a Delaware corporation (together with the Main Issuer, the "Co‐Issuers"), today announced the expiration and final results of their previously announced offer to purchase (the "Offer") for cash up to $27.204 million (the "Excess Cash Flow Amount") in aggregate principal amount of their 10.000% Senior Secured Notes due 2024 (the "Notes")
Zacks.com users have recently been watching Peabody Energy (BTU) quite a bit. Thus, it is worth knowing the facts that could determine the stock's prospects.
In this article, we discuss 10 cheap coal stocks to buy now. If you want to read about some more cheap coal stocks to buy now, go directly to 5 Cheap Coal Stocks to Buy Now. Slowing economic growth and energy market turbulence have added to the uncertainty around coal stocks in recent months, hitting […]
BTU Price Returns